Wednesday, September 23, 2009

9.23.09

A day after a visit from my friend Ed Stephens. After finding out I will be returning to Vietnam to meet Nancy and hearing that I will visit Clear Path International...he arrived with a 100.00 donation for the agency... their mission-to clearing old land mine ordinance from war torn local areas as well as assist in helping victims of explosions to cope and continue on.
Ed was wounded in 1968 as a young Lt. We shared each of our one and only Memorial Day Parade marches...mine in 1981 in Burlington VT, his just this year in Rehobeth. And what a rich story his was....I will share that story in another entry.

Today I emailed Tim Lunberg. He was on hill 383 when I was. We did not know one another. Our responsibilities and who we answered to were unique under the circumstances but we were on the same outpost nonetheless ...at the same time. It was a hairy spot and there are stories to tell....and I trust I may be able to look up in the direction of this hill when Nancy and I explore the area around hill52 along the Vu Gia river valley.

Nancy now in Shanghai and a bit under the weather. Her schedule is grueling and will continue to be for the next several days. Thank you Skype for the connections that provide the brief respite while separated by the miles and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment